The Victron SmartShunt 500A is an all-in-one battery monitor and acts as a 'fuel gauge' to keep a check on the performance of your battery or battery bank. However, unlike Victron's BMV range of monitors that have a permanent display, your smartphone becomes the display. The SmartShunt connects via Bluetooth to your smartphone and, using the Victron Connect app, you can conveniently view all monitored battery parameters including voltage, current draw, Ah consumed, % charge level, 'time-to-go', historical information and much more.
The SmartShunt is a great option where space is limited or where a less cluttered installation is preferred and provides a lower cost alternative to the Victron BMV-712 Smart for those who like the bluetooth connectivity but don't want or need a permanent display.
The shunt is fitted in-line with the leisure/house battery's negative cable, the starter/auxiliary battery's negative cable is connected to the shunt's output and fused +ve supplies are taken from each battery into the shunt's 2 inputs. As an alternative to monitoring the voltage of a 2nd battery, the shunt's 2nd/auxiliary input can be used for temperature monitoring (requires optional temperature sensor) or midpoint monitoring. The information from the SmartShunt can also be displayed on a GX device by connecting with a VE.Direct cable.
- 500A/50mV SmartShunt
- 2x fused power cables
- Quick installation guide
- Displays: Voltage / Current / Power / Ah Consumed / State of Charge (%) / Time-to-go / Total kWh charged/discharged
- Auto re-calibration each time the battery is fully charged (to ensure accuracy is maintained)
- Auto-detection of nominal system voltage
- Suitable for 2 batteries or banks of batteries.
- Low current consumption
- Temperature monitoring option for 1 battery or bank
- Mid-point voltage monitoring option for 1 battery or bank
- V.E Direct communication port for integration with other Victron equipment
- Suitable for use with 12V or 24V systems
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty
Feature differences compared with BMV-712 Smart
- No programmable visual and audible alarm
- No programmable relay