The Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30A non-isolated DC-DC charger is Victron's professional solution to charging an auxiliary or leisure battery from your engine's alternator. It is fully compatible with 'smart' alternators found in Euro 5 and later vehicles and is Bluetooth-enabled, so can be monitored and configured remotely via the VictronConnect app. It can be used to charge all lead-acid battery types (wet, Gel, AGM) as well as lithium and the charging profile is fully configurable to allow you to match the voltages recommended by your battery's manufacturer.
The Orion Smart unit can operate as a fully configurable battery charger with an adaptive 3-stage charging algorithm, or as a DC-DC converter. The adaptive charging algorithm means that, for lead-acid batteries, the charger will automatically modify the absorption time to account for the depth of discharge. For shallower discharges, the absorption time is reduced to prevent over-charging.
Unlike other DC-DC chargers that rely on hard-wired signalling from the alternator or ignition, the Orion Smart does not require any additional wires or sensors which simplifies installation. The 'engine-on' detection is software-driven and is fully configurable via the VictronConnect app.
This unit will operate in high temperatures up to 55°C and it will produce the full rated output of 30A up to 40°C.
- 'Smart alternator' compatible (Euro 5, 6, 6+)
- Built-in Bluetooth and fully configurable via smartphone app
- Adaptive 3-stage charge algorithm
- Fully programmable battery charging profile
- Suitable for all battery types (including lithium)
- Can operate as a fixed voltage DC-DC converter
- 'Engine-On' software detection for simplified wiring
- Short-circuit proof
- Remote on/off facility
- High temperature protection
- Units can be wired in parallel to increase output