Victron's Smart Solar MPPT range of controllers help you maximise the amount of energy obtained from your solar panels. Under cloudy sky conditions when light intensity is continually changing, these ultra-fast controllers can improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared with controllers using older PWM technology, and by up to 10% compared with slower MPPT models.
All of the Smart Solar models have Bluetooth communication built-in which allows you to interface with the controller via the VictronConnect app on your Apple/Android/Windows device. Through this app, you can configure an extensive range of functions on your controller and monitor its performance in real-time and via historical stats.
The controllers also feature low voltage protection for your battery by disconnecting the load output when the battery reaches a pre-set voltage. This will shut the power off to all circuits connected to the load output and prevents the battery being damaged by over-discharge.
This controller is recommended for a maximum panel power of 145W (@12V system) or 290W (24V system)
- Ultra Fast MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) Technology
- Bluetooth communication built-in
- Intelligent battery life management
- Programmable charge algorithm
- Low voltage battery protection (when using controller load output)
- Output short circuit protection
- Battery reverse polarity protection (external fuse)
- Over-temperature protection
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty
- System voltage: 12V/24V autoselect
- Max. rated charge current: 10A
- Max. panel power: 145W (@12V) / 290W (@ 24V)
- Charge voltage for 12V system: Absorption 14.4V / Float 13.8V (adjustable)
- Charge algorithm: Multi-stage adaptive
- Max. panel open circuit voltage: 75V
- Max. panel short circuit current: 13A
- Peak efficiency: 98%
- Max. current through load output: 15A continuous
- Self power consumption for 12V system: 25mA
- Max. cable size that fits terminals: 6mm²
- Operating temp: -30°C to +60°C
- Overall dims: 100 (W) x 113 (H) x 40 (D) mm
Part Number: SCC075010060R
Bar Code: 8719076040798
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |Great little solar charge controller
Wednesday, 30 June 2021 | Rob
Purchased this controller to hook up a 120W solar panel to the campervan and have been very impressed. The app which connects via bluetooth gives a good indication of the power being produced by the solar, and also how much current is being drawn by the load. It will also disconnect the load if the battery voltage drops too far to prevent a deep discharge of the battery. Only negative is the printed instructions which are so small they're not readable. Fortunately the manuals can be downloaded from the Victron website.
Wednesday, 31 March 2021 | John
I have only bench tested so far but the improvement from MPPT is immediately evident in increasing charge to the battery. I am upgrading from a Steca PWM. The Bluetooth range seems adequate for our motorhome. The Steca gives a SOC readout which the VictronConnect app appears not to include. Lightweight, practical size with good quality screw connection.
Victron is an extremely well-known and respected brand with an enormous amount of experience in the automotive, industrial, off-grid, marine, energy-storage and telecoms sectors. It is at the cutting edge of power management technology, offering a range of innovative and highly reliable products for every commercial and leisure application.