Victron's Smart Solar MPPT range of controllers help you maximise the amount of energy obtained from your solar panels. Under cloudy sky conditions when light intensity is continually changing, these ultra-fast controllers can improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared with controllers using older PWM technology, and by up to 10% compared with slower MPPT models.
All of the Smart Solar models have Bluetooth communication built-in which allows you to interface with the controller via the VictronConnect app on your Apple/Android/Windows device. Through this app, you can configure an extensive range of functions on your controller and monitor its performance in real-time and via historical stats.
A Smart Battery Sense, BMV-712 or SmartShunt can be used to communicate battery voltage and temperature to one of more of these controllers via Bluetooth, allowing the controller to adjust the output charging voltage to compensate for voltage drop and temperature.
Multiple units can be synchronised in a VE.Smart Network via Bluetooth (10 max.) or via the VE.Can ports (25 max.). This means that all units connected to the network are linked and operating at the same stage of the charging algorithm, so they act as a single, larger charger. When the 'master' unit moves to a different stage of the charging algorithm, all units move with it. This is useful for Energy Storage Systems (ESS) where multiple panels might require the use of several MPPT controllers in order not to exceed their maximum voltage or current ratings.
The SmartSolar MPPT 250/100 VE.Can is capable of working with 12, 24, 36 & 48V systems and auto selects on detection of the battery voltage (software tool needed to select 36V). There is also an optional SmartSolar 'pluggable' display available that attaches to the front of the controller and provides a wide range of data related to charging performance of the solar system, as well as enabling you to configure various controller settings. This display can be fitted permanently or used temporarily.
There are 2 variants of this model available (please select from the drop-down menu above):
- Tr - screw terminal connections for the PV cable
- MC4 - 3 pairs of male/female MC4-compatible connectors for the PV cable
This controller is recommended for a maximum panel power of 1450W (12V system), 2900W (24V system), 4350W (36V system) or 5800W (48V system)
- Works with a wide range of battery system voltages (12/24/36/48V)
- Ultra-fast MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) technology
- Bluetooth communication built-in
- Outstanding conversion efficiency (over 98%) - no cooling fan
- VE.Direct port for connection to Victron GX products
- Intelligent battery life management
- Programmable charge algorithm
- Programmable relay
- Extensive electronic protection
- Internal temperature sensor
- Optional external battery voltage and temperature sensing via Bluetooth
- Synchronised parallel charging with Bluetooth (up to 10 units) or VE.Can (up to 25 units)
- Fully-discharged battery recovery function (including 'wake-up' of lithium BMS)
- Optional SmartSolar pluggable LCD display
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty