The Orion-Tr Smart 24/24-17A Non-Isolated DC-DC charger is Victron's professional solution to charging a 24V auxiliary or leisure battery bank from your engine's 24V alternator. It is fully compatible with 'smart' alternators found in Euro 5 and later vehicles and is Bluetooth-enabled, so can be monitored and configured remotely via the VictronConnect app. It can be used to charge all lead-acid battery types (wet, Gel, AGM) as well as lithium and the charging profile is fully configurable to allow you to match the voltages recommended by your battery's manufacturer.
The Orion Smart unit can operate as a fully configurable battery charger with an adaptive 3-stage charging algorithm, or as a DC-DC converter. The adaptive charging algorithm means that, for lead-acid batteries, the charger will automatically modify the absorption time to account for the depth of discharge. For shallower discharges, the absorption time is reduced to prevent over-charging.
Unlike other DC-DC chargers that rely on hard-wired signalling from the alternator or ignition, the Orion Smart does not require any additional wires or sensors which simplifies installation. The 'engine-on' detection is software-driven and is fully configurable via the VictronConnect app.
This unit will operate in high temperatures up to 55°C and it will produce the full rated output of 17A up to 40°C.
- 'Smart alternator' compatible (Euro 5, 6, 6+)
- Built-in Bluetooth and fully configurable via smartphone app
- Adaptive 3-stage charge algorithm
- Fully programmable battery charging profile
- Suitable for all battery types (including lithium)
- Can operate as a fixed voltage DC-DC converter
- 'Engine-On' software detection for simplified wiring
- Short-circuit proof
- Remote on/off facility
- High temperature protection
- Units can be wired in parallel to increase output
- Input voltage range: 20-35 V
- Under-voltage shut down: 14V
- Under-voltage re-start: 15V
- Nominal output voltage: 24.2V
- Output voltage range: 20-30V
- Output voltage tolerance: +/-0.2V
- Continuous output current: 17A (up to 40ºC)
- Maximum output current (for 10s): 25A
- Short circuit output current: 40A
- Continuous output power at 25ºC: 480W
- Continuous output power at 40ºC: 400W
- Ingress Protection rating: IP43 (screw terminals facing downwards)
- Efficiency: 89%
- No load input current: <80mA
- Standby current: <1mA
- Operating temperature range: -20 to +55ºC
- Cable connections: Screw terminals
- Max. cable cross-section: 16mm2 (6 AWG)
- Dimensions: 130 (H) x 186 (W) x 80 (D) mm
Part Number: ORI242440140
Bar Code: 8719076048985
Victron is an extremely well-known and respected brand with an enormous amount of experience in the automotive, industrial, off-grid, marine, energy-storage and telecoms sectors. It is at the cutting edge of power management technology, offering a range of innovative and highly reliable products for every commercial and leisure application.