The EasySolar-II 48/5000/70 MPPT 250/100 GX from Victron Energy is a multifunctional inverter/charger combining all the features of the Multiplus-II (including an external current sensor option which extends the PowerControl & PowerAssist functions and optimises self-consumption) with an MPPT solar controller and an integrated GX device with 2x16 character display. It features a powerful 5000VA true sine wave inverter, a sophisticated 70A battery charger with adaptive charge technology, a high-speed AC transfer switch and a SmartSolar MPPT 250/100-Tr solar controller in a single compact unit. This design not only saves space, but simplifies your installation.
The EasySolar-II GX guarantees uninterrupted power supply, whenever and wherever you are. When shore or generator power is limited, the unique PowerAssist technology makes it possible to boost the total capacity by adding extra energy from the batteries. The clear, LCD display shows battery, inverter and solar charge controller parameters which can also be accessed with a smartphone or other Wi-Fi enabled device. W-Fi can also be used to setup the system and change settings.
The built-in AC transfer switch performs the function of an Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) on the main AC output. In the event of a grid failure, or shore or generator power being disconnected, the inverter is automatically activated and takes over AC supply to the connected loads. This happens in less then 20 milliseconds and ensures that sensitive connected equipment continues to run without disruption. The second/auxiliary output is live only when AC is available on the input of the EasySolar-II GX and is intended for connection to heavy consumption loads (e.g. water heater) that would quickly discharge the battery if run from the inverter.
The charger is multi-stage and fully automatic and the microprocessor-driven adaptive battery management system can be adjusted for various types of batteries (inc. lithium). The adaptive technology automatically varies the charging process in accordance with the way the batteries are discharged, ensuring that your batteries are always kept in optimal condition.
The integrated SmartSolar charge controller features ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) and can harvest up to 30% more energy than PWM controllers in fast changing light conditions. Coupled with a 99% efficiency and adaptive 3-stage charging, it ensures your battery is optimally charged with the highest available energy from your solar input. M6 bolts are provided for connection of your solar panels, and the maximum PV power conversion capability is 5800W.
You can achieve virtually unlimited power thanks to the SmartSolar-II GX's ability to be parallel connected and setup for 3-phase operation.
Please note: Cables are not supplied. For the DC (battery) connection, Victron recommend 70mm² cable protected with a 200A mega fuse for run lengths of up to 5m. If in doubt with regard to specifying AC cable size and circuit protection, please consult a qualified electrician.
- Built-in GX device with 2x16 character LCD display
- Pure sine wave output (inverter)
- High start-up power (inverter)
- Search Mode for reduced 'no-load' power consumption (inverter)
- Transfer Switch UPS function (inverter)
- Adaptive 4-stage charging (AC charger)
- Storage mode to prolong battery life (AC charger)
- Battery temperature sensor (AC charger)
- MPPT solar technology (solar charger)
- Adaptive 3-stage charging (solar charger)
- Programmable alarm/signalling relay
- Protected against output short circuit
- Protected against battery voltage low/high
- Protected against power overload
- Protected against over-temperature
- Protected against 230V AC detected on inverter output (e.g. from another AC source)
- Protected against input voltage ripple too high
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty