This cable seal from Scanstrut provides the ideal solution to waterproof cable routing through decks, bulkheads or roofs and is perfect for installing antenna and navigation light cables, solar panel cables, exterior lighting cables etc. A tapered gland forms a watertight seal around the cable and a closed-cell foam gasket between the housing and the deck ensures a 100% watertight fitting. All fixings are 316 stainless steel to resist corrosion in marine and outdoor environments and the housing is made from tough, impact resistant plastic with rounded edges to prevent catching on ropes.
The unit is supplied with both pre-drilled seals (to fit cable with 2-6mm diameter) and a blank seal for self-drilling.
Please note: due to the small size of the unit, pre-fitted connectors cannot pass through the hole in the housing so will need to be removed from the cable and re-fitted. The larger cable seal sizes can accommodate pre-fitted connectors as they have split seals.
- Waterproof to IPX7 (can resist immersion up to 1m depth)
- Impact resistant, UV-stable 30% glass-filled nylon housing
- Long-life 316 stainless steel fastenings with captive nuts
- Pre-drilled and blank seals included
- Self-adhesive deck gasket
- Easy cable reference and drilling guide
- Cable fitment range: 2-6mm diameter
- Overall dims (fitted) approx: 30 (Dia) x 18 (H) mm
Part Number: DS6-P
Scanstrut is a market leader in installation solutions for marine electronics. Trading for over 30 years, the company has established itself as an innovative, well-respected brand across the boating community.