This Passive Infrared Sensor (PIR) from Labcraft detects the movement of body heat and can be used to control any load up to 4.5A (typically an LED light or lights). Whenever the PIR detects movement it triggers an internal relay, powering the connected devices for 30 seconds before automatically switching them off again. This makes it deal for installations where automatic lighting is required whenever someone walks into an area or enters a room, or for applications where you want to ensure that a light is not left on (to conserve battery power). With a depth of only 19mm, the low profile, robust design ensures it is unobtrusive and the risk of damage is minimised.
The PIR sensor has a low current consumption of 40mA (0.04A) so incurs minimal drain on the battery. The housing is made from aluminium with plastic end caps and is designed for surface mounting using 2 fixing holes. Electrical connection is via 4 flying leads on the rear of the unit as follows:
- Red larger gauge cables (switched outputs) should be connected in-line between +12V power source and +12V input to the load
- Red and black smaller gauge cables: 12VDC +ve and -ve connection for PIR sensor power.
Suitable for use with 12v systems as found in motorhomes, caravans, campervans, boats, horseboxes, 4x4s and commercial vehicles.
Designed and manufactured in the UK, E-type approved.
Fixings not included.
- On-time once tiggered: 30 seconds
- Sensor operating angle: 88º
- Current rating: 4.5A max. load
- Operating voltage: 10-14V DC
- Off-load current draw: 0.04A
- Material: Anodised aluminium and plastic
- IP rating: IP50
- Cable lengths: 200mm (approx.)
- Operating temp range: -30 to +40ºC
- Overall dimensions: 120 (L) x 44 (W) x 19 (D) mm
- Fixing hole dia: 4mm