The 285-Series surface mount circuit breakers from Blue Sea Systems provide combined switching and circuit protection in one unit. Their IP67 rated design makes them fully waterproof and they are ignition protected, meaning they are safe for marine use around fuels on boats and in vehicles.
They have manual trip and reset functions so they can be used to switch/isolate the circuit if required, and the visible reset lever provides a clear indication of when the circuit is open or tripped. The 'trip-free' design also ensures that the circuit cannot be held 'ON' after a trip has occurred.
Available in ratings from 25-150A with a 3000A interrupt capacity (@48V), these breakers are suitable for a wide range of applications where a medium to high current draw is expected. Note: do not use as a switch where high inrush currents are expected.
Cable connections are via M6 studs on the front of the unit and tethered caps are provided to prevent accidental shorts.
- 48V max. voltage
- 25-150A current ratings
- Interrupt capacity of 3000A@ 48V DC
- Manual trip and reset (can be used to isolate a circuit)
- Visible lever shows open condition
- Ignition protected
- IP67 rated (fully immersible for short periods)
- Trip-free design (cannot be held 'ON' after tripping)
- Surface mount design
Note that the connection studs are marked BAT and AUX. It is important for correct operation of the circuit breaker that the battery side is connected to BAT and the load side is connected to AUX.
- Circuit breaker type: Thermally responsive bi-metallic blade
- Circuit breaker class: Type III - switchable/manual reset, trip-free
- Mounting type: Surface mount
- Voltage rating: 48V DC max.
- Current ratings: 25 - 150A
- Interrupt capacity: 3000A @ 48V
- Connection stud: M6
- Mounting hole size: 6.5mm
- Overall dimensions: 81.3 (H) x 48.1 (W) x 31.5 (D) mm
- Ingress protection: IP67
- Ignition protected: Yes
- Operating temp: -40 to + 85°C
- Standards/specifications met: SAE J1171 Marine
- Manufactured by: Cooper Bussmann
- Manufacturer's part no.s: 7180-7189 inclusive
Part Number: 7180B-BSS
Bar Code: 632085718091
Blue Sea Systems is a US-based company designing and manufacturing high-quality components and accessories for the demanding environments of the marine and specialised vehicle markets. Its range consists of over 1000 products, designed to work together as a fully integrated system.