The industry-leading Anderson Power Products SB connectors are designed for quick and easy connection and disconnection of high current cables for applications such as battery charging, jump starting, welding etc. The genderless design means that both sides of the connection are identical; simply turn one of the connectors upside down and push them together. SB175 connectors are suitable for currents of up to 280A.
Sold as a single grey housing without terminals (2 housings of the same colour are required to make a connection and each housing requires 2 terminals).
Terminals must be purchased separately and are available to fit 25mm² and 35mm² cable
Various accessories including PVC cable sleeves, handles and connector covers are also available.
- Genderless design
- Low connection force with high terminal contact force
- Connector housings are mechanically keyed by colour to prevent cross-connections
- Sacrificial terminal tip to contain damage caused by arc during 'hot' disconnect
- 'Flat wiping' action self-cleans the terminal contact faces as they mate
- Moulded polarity markings on connector body
Terminals available here
Terminal crimping - Terminals should be crimped to the cable conductor using a suitable tool (a hexagon crimper is recommended). Alternatively the terminals can be soldered to the conductor.
Terminal insertion - Observing the polarity markings, insert the terminal into the connector housing so that the step at the end of the terminal slides along the surface of the sprung metal tab within the housing. Continue pushing the terminal into the housing until a sharp click is heard, which indicates that the tab has latched into place behind the step and the terminal is locked in place.
Terminal removal - Press the sprung metal tabs in the connector housing fully flat using a suitable tool (so that they clear the step on the terminal body) and withdraw the terminal.
- Voltage rating: 600V AC/DC max.
- Current rating: 280A max. UL rating ('hot' connect & dis-connect allowable up to 100A)
- No. poles: 2
- Connector housing material: Polycarbonate
- Connector sprung tab material: Stainless steel
- Operating temperature: -20ºC to 105ºC
- Overall dims: 79.6 (L) x 55.6 (W) x 25.4 (H) mm
- Overall length of 2 mated connectors: 133.4 mm
Part Number: W-940
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |
Wednesday, 12 August 2020 | Jason
Great construction and good firm connection for none interrupted power supply
Saturday, 28 October 2017 | Tim
product fits purpose really well.
Anderson Power Products (APP) is an international market leader in high power interconnect solutions, producing reliable, rugged products that are used across the globe. Established in 1877, it has a wealth of experience and has become the 'go to' brand for battery connect/disconnect products in the leisure, industrial, telecoms and off-grid sectors.