Nordelettronica chargers are fitted as original equipment by many caravan and motorhome manufacturers and the NE287 is the latest incarnation of their charger range. As well as being ideal for fitment in new conversions, they can be used to replace any older Nordelettronica charger fitted in a caravan or motorhome that needs replacing.
The 3 stage, intelligent charging algorithm uses a combination of constant voltage and constant current to ensure that your battery is always properly charged and the unit can be powered permanently without any risk of damaging the battery. It is suitable for charging any lead-acid battery type, including wet/flooded, sealed, AGM and Gel and the charge profile can be selected for the battery type using the dip switches on the front of the unit. It also has a desulphate setting for the recovery of over-discharged batteries.
The NE287 features full protection against damage from reverse polarity, over current, over-temperature etc. and comes with cables for easy installation. A temperature sensor is also included to enable the charger to optimise its output voltage according to the ambient temperature (optional fitment). It can also act as a fixed voltage power supply when not connected to a battery, supplying 13.8V to power connected loads.
This 21A model is recommend for batteries (or banks of batteries) with a capacity in the range 130 - 210Ah
- 3-stage charging
- 3-colour LED indicator
- Settings for all lead-acid battery types (wet/flooded, sealed, AGM, Gel)
- Desulphate setting for recovering 'dead' batteries
- Compact, black-anodised aluminium housing
- Temperature-based charge optimisation (if temp sensor fitted)
- Input protection (by internal fuse)
- Ouput reverse polarity protection
- Output short-circuit protection
- Output overload protection
- Output over-voltage protection
- Output over-termperature protection
- Over-temperature protection of battery (if temp sensor fitted)
- Remote signal output when powered by mains (LINE)
- Connection cables supplied
- Operates as a power supply when no battery is connected
- 2-year manufacturer's guarantee
If you wish to install the temperature sensor you will need to insert the small terminals into the two spare locations of the white, 4-way terminal block in the main wiring loom (the terminals can go in either of the locations - not polarity dependent).