12V, 140A rated voltage sensitive relay (VSR) from Durite for split charging applications in camper vans, motorhomes, 4x4s and boats. Allows charge to flow into one battery (or bank of batteries) only when a charging voltage is detected at the other battery (dual sensing operation).
- Dual sensing operation - charges from starter battery to leisure battery when alternator is running and charges from leisure battery to starter battery when mains charger is connected.
- Relay connects when sensed voltage reaches 13.3V or higher
- Relay disconnects when sensed voltage drops to 12.65V or lower
- Maintains battery isolation when not charging, so starter cannot be drained by leisure use and vice-versa.
- Fully automatic operation
- Virtually zero voltage drop
- Protects sensitive electronic equipment from harmful engine start-up spikes
- Well proven design with 1000s of units operating in the field
- Terminal connections marked on inside of unit for easy installation
Note: The benefit of this type of relay is that it does not require a connection to the alternator or any modifications to the existing vehicle electrical system. Simply connect the +ve terminals on each of your batteries to the terminals on the relay and the black relay wire to a common -ve point.
An LED indicates when the relay is ON (contacts closed). Fixing holes in the body allow the unit to be mounted to a bulkhead and body cut-outs offer various cable routing options.
Fully encapsulated electronics make this unit splashproof and particularly suitable for harsh environments (marine use, vehicle engine bays etc.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: These relays are not suitable for vehicles with 'smart' or 'intelligent' alternators. As a guide this applies to vehicles having engines that comply with Euro5 emissions standards and onward, often also incorporating regenerative braking (if in doubt please consult your vehicle manufacturer to confirm). If your vehicle has a smart alternator then you will need to use a battery-to-battery charger instead of a VSR.
- Sensing mode: Dual (2-way split charging, starter to leisure and vice-versa)
- Voltage rating (nominal): 12V DC
- Current rating: 140A
- 'Cut-in' voltage: 13.3V
- 'Cut-out' voltage: 12.65V
- Terminal size: 2 x M6 studs and nuts
- Other connections: Ground wire to connect to common -ve
- Ground wire: 1mm² 50cm long approx.
- Fixing hole dia: 5mm
- Overall dimensions: 67 (W) x 67 (H) x 52 (D) mm
Part Number: 0-727-33
|Average Rating (3 Reviews):
28 June 2023 | Steve
No wiring information came with this,
Support provided this on an email
So all okay
11 December 2022 | Daniel
its a replacement for the original in the camper van it works as the specs say cutting off at 12.65ish whilst the battery sits at 12.6 we're in odd it ever worked at all territory
15 February 2022 | Antony
Just what I wanted
Durite is a UK-based company that has built an impeccable reputation manufacturing and supplying high-quality parts to the automotive aftermarket for over 80 years.