This Durite reversing camera kit consists of a 7" mirror monitor and a high quality Sony CCD camera. With its wide input voltage range of 11-32V DC, this system is ideal for use in a large number of leisure and commercial applications and enhances safety when reversing by providing a high quality image and wide field of view at the rear of the vehicle.
The compact, robust camera is fully waterproof and has a built-in microphone that passes audio to the mirror monitor. It is ideally mounted at high level, pointing down at an angle so the rear of the vehicle can be seen as you approach objects whilst reversing. It also features an adjustable shade that offers protection from sun glare and rain. Connection from the camera to the wiring harness is via a 20m extension cable.
The mirror monitor is designed to be clipped over an existing rear view mirror of approximately 65 - 85mm height and features a high quality TFT LCD screen with LED backlighting. There are built in speakers and it features a 2-channel system that can accept a second camera. The monitor has a series of touch-sensitive buttons next to the screen for accessing the options menu and adjusting settings such as channel input, language, brightness, contrast, colour, zoom, rotate, reversing grid guide lines, volume, sleep timer, picture mode etc. Many of these functions are also conveniently available using the supplied remote control.
The camera is activated via its trigger wire that can be found in the supplied wiring loom. This trigger is a +12V input signal, typically taken from a splice into the reversing light circuit or similar so that it operates as soon as reverse gear is selected. However, this trigger could also be taken from a manual switch or any other +12V signal, depending on how you want the system to operate. For example, you might want to have two parallel-connected trigger inputs so that the camera activates when selecting reverse, or when you operate a switch.
The entire system has a very low power consumption and draws approximately 0.6A @ 12V.
- 7" hi-res LCD TFT, LED backlit mirror monitor (clips onto existing rear-view mirrors)
- Accepts mirror heights from approx. 65 - 85mm
- Built-in speakers
- 2-Channel (can accept a 2nd camera)
- Sony CCD IP68 waterproof camera with microphone
- Infra-red LEDs for low light conditions
- Sturdy camera mount with adjustable rain/sunshade
- Compatible with 12V or 12V DC vehicle systems
- 11 language options
- 4 image modes for each camera
- Sleep timer and lock functions
- Zoom and reversing grid guide line functions
- Multi-function remote control
- 20m cable from power supply to camera
- 3m cable from power supply to monitor
- Positive and negative power supply cables
- +12V trigger cable for each channel
- Reverse polarity protection