The industry-leading Anderson Power Products SB connectors are ideal for quick and easy connection and disconnection of high current cables in applications such as battery charging, jump starting, welding etc. The connectors are genderless so both sides of the connection are identical. Simply turn one of the connectors upside down and slide them together. SB50 connectors are the smallest in the range and suitable for currents of up to 120A (in accordance with UL 1977 test specification).
Sold as a single red housing without terminals (2 housings of the same colour are required to make a connection and each housing requires 2 terminals).
Terminals must be purchased separately and are available to fit 6mm2, 10mm2 and 16mm2 cable
Various accessories including PVC cable sleeves, handles and connector covers are also available.
- Genderless design
- Low connection force with high terminal contact force
- Connector housings are mechanically keyed by colour to prevent cross-connections
- Sacrificial terminal tip to contain damage caused by arc during 'hot' disconnect
- 'Flat wiping' action self-cleans the terminal contact faces as they mate
- Moulded polarity markings on connector body
Terminals available here
Terminal crimping - Terminals should be crimped to the cable conductor using a suitable tool (a hexagon crimper is recommended). Alternatively the terminals can be soldered to the conductor.
Terminal insertion - Observing the polarity markings, insert the terminal into the connector housing so that the step at the end of the terminal slides along the surface of the sprung metal tab within the housing. Continue pushing the terminal into the housing until a sharp click is heard, which indicates that the tab has latched into place behind the step and the terminal is locked in place.
Terminal removal - Press the sprung metal tabs in the connector housing fully flat using a suitable tool (so that they clear the step on the terminal body) and withdraw the terminal.
- Voltage rating: 600V AC/DC max (UL1977)
- Current rating: 120A max using 16mm² cable - UL 1977 rating ('hot' connect & dis-connect allowable up to 50A)
- No. poles: 2
- Connector housing material: Polycarbonate
- Connector sprung tab material: Stainless steel
- Operating temperature: -20ºC to 105ºC
- Overall dims: 48.0 (L) x 35.1 (W) x 15.9 (H) mm
- Overall length of 2 mated connectors: 81.3 mm
Part Number: 992G1-BK
|Average Rating (8 Reviews):
02 September 2020 | John
Been looking for 100 + amps connector for some time that wasnt bulky or expensive . I came across the Anderson connector by accident but its just what ive been looking for. Easy to use and assemble. Brill
01 April 2020 | Bryn
A good product that has been around a long time but they changed it so the new no longer fits the old. How annoying is that!
15 October 2019 | Shaun
08 May 2018 | Stuart
just what I required
09 August 2017 | Tim
Excellent product - thoroughly satisfied
09 May 2016 | Colin
Supplied as expected.
01 February 2016 | Togan
Good quality. Fast delivery.
16 July 2014 | Norman
Excellent product but without instructions it took me some time to work out how to put it together.
Anderson Power Products (APP) is an international market leader in high power interconnect solutions, producing reliable, rugged products that are used across the globe. Established in 1877, it has a wealth of experience and has become the 'go to' brand for battery connect/disconnect products in the leisure, industrial, telecoms and off-grid sectors.