Votronic's MPP-series solar controllers utilise Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to maximise the power harvested from your solar panel. The MPPT technology continuously and automatically calculates the maximum power yield of the solar modules several times per minute with any surplus voltage from the solar panel being transformed into a higher charging current for the battery. This ensures short charging times and the best possible efficiency of your solar system under any given daylight conditions. MPPT-based controllers perform particularly well in low light levels and in overcast conditions.
This controller is fully automatic, maintenance-free and can be used with any 12V lead-acid (flooded, sealed, AGM, gel etc.) or LiFePO4 lithium battery and any solar panel (or combination of solar panels) with an output up to 165W, 10A and 50V DC.
The MPP-series controllers feature a second output so that some of the solar power can be used to trickle-charge a starter battery with a current of 1A max.
- High performance MPPT technology
- 4 selectable charging programs to suit different battery types
- Twin outputs for trickle-charging a starter battery
- Protection against battery overcharging
- Overload protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Reverse-polarity protection
- Protection against current drain back through the solar panel at night
- Over-charge protection
- Optimised charging profile maintained, even when the leisure battery is under load
- Automatic compensation for voltage-drop in connection cables
- Mains suppression filter
- Connection for optional remote control panel
- Designed and manufactured in Germany
- 2 year manufacturer's warranty
- Nominal operating voltage: 12V DC
- Solar module max. output: 165W
- Solar module max. current: 10A
- Solar module max. open circuit (OC) voltage: 50V DC
- Max. charging current: 11.8A (aux) / 1A (starter)
- Compatible battery types: Lead-acid (flooded, sealed), Gel, AGM, LiFePO4
- Stand-by current consumption: 0.004 A
- Over-charge protection: Yes
- Reverse current protection (back drain at night): Yes
- On-board mains suppression filter: Yes
- Number of charging ports: 2
- Protection against over-load, over-temperature, short-circuit: Yes
- Connection for temperature sensor: Yes
- Compensation for voltage loss on charging cables: Yes
- Connection for remote display panel: Yes
- Operating temperature range: -20 to +45°C
- Overall dims incl. mounting flanges: 131 (W) x 40 (D) x 77 (H) mm
- Weight: 225g
- Manufacturer's article number: 1710
Part Number: C55871
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |
Monday, 3 August 2020 | Michael
Good price and quick delivery.
Thursday, 14 May 2020 | Russell
after much research I purchased this to replace the controller installed in my Mobilvetta motorhome I have recently purchased. This by far superior in design and out put, very simple to install and I wanted the additional ability to trickle charge my cab battery which was going flat, even though I have a 120w solar panel.
Leisure batters are all topped up and also the cab battery , looking forward to testing this when lock down relaxed.
Votronic is a German company that has been designing and manufacturing high-end electrical and electronic products for the camper, caravan, marine and 'blue light' vehicle markets since 1987. Offering charging, solar, inverter and control technology, its focus is on innovative and extremely reliable products.