The VCC 1212-30 from German leisure electronics specialist Votronic is a compact and lightweight battery-to-battery (DC-DC) charger designed to charge your 12V leisure battery from your alternator whilst on the move. The highly efficient charging technology means that better use can be made of the alternator's charging capability (up to 30A can be passed), resulting in significantly reduced charging times and more complete charging. Even during short journeys a high level of recharge is possible, with a deep and full recharge achieved during longer journeys. Alternator voltage fluctuations and surge currents are eliminated which protects your leisure battery and connected consumers from harm, and the multi-stage charging profiles ensure your battery can never be over-charged. It features fully automatic operation and the starter and lesiure batteries are electrically isolated when the vehicle's engine is off, ensuring you cannot drain one battery from the other.
It can be fitted to vehicles with either standard or Euro 6 'smart' alternators and the selectable charging profiles mean it can be used with any type of lead-acid battery, as well as lithium LiFePO4 batteries. The great benefit of this charger over its rivals is its compact footprint which, at only 146 (L) x 67 (H) mm means that it can be fitted in virtually any location, making it ideal in installation where space is limited.
The Integrated Vehicle Power Supply Filter ensures that parallel charging sources (e.g. battery chargers, solar, generators etc.) can be used on the same battery without any issues and the unit can trickle charge your starter battery with a small 'bypass' current when your leisure battery is connected to a mains-powered charger. A battery temperature sensor is also included that can be used to optimse the charging voltages based on the ambient temperature.
- Compatible with all alternator types (standard, Euro 5, Euro 6 +)
- Fast and deep charging of leisure batteries from 60-200Ah (recommended range)
- Can be used with all lead-acid (flooded, sealed, AGM, gel etc.) and lithum batteries
- Compact footprint and light weight
- LED status indicators
- Protects battery and consumers from voltage spikes and surge currents
- Selectable, multi-stage charge profiles for different battery types
- Battery over-charging is eliminated
- Fully automatic operation (activated when the engine starts)
- Protects starter battery from accidental discharge
- Trickle charges starter battery when charging leisure battery from mains power
- Protection against over-load, over-heating, over-voltage, short circuit and back discharge
- Automatic compensation for voltage drop in charging cables
- Temperature-compensated charging
- Charging aid for deeply discharged lead-acid batteries
- Optional Remote Control Unit available
- Designed and manufactured in Germany
- 2 year manufacturer's warranty
Recommended for battery capacities in the range 60-200Ah in vehicles with standard or Euro 6 alternators.