The 12/3000/120 MultiPlus from Victron Energy is a powerful true sine wave inverter, a sophisticated battery charger that features adaptive charge technology and a high-speed AC transfer switch in a single compact unit. This design not only saves space, but simplifies your installation by requiring only a single set of cables to connect to your battery.
The pure sinewave inverter is designed around Victron's full bridge plus toroidal transformer topology, which has proven its reliability over many years and is used across their Phoenix range of inverters. It's powerful enough to supply most commonly used mains-powered appliances and provides high peak power surge capacity, stable voltage, frequency and high quality sine-wave output.
The charger is multi-stage and fully automatic and the microprocessor-driven adaptive battery management system can be adjusted for various types of batteries (e.g. wet, AGM, Gel). Charge settings can be configured for lithium batteries using Victron's VE.Configure software when connected via an MK3-USB interface. The adaptive technology automatically varies the charging process in accordance with the way the batteries are discharged, ensuring that your batteries are always kept in optimal condition. There are 2 outputs available for charging; one full power output and a second, limited current and voltage output intended for trickle charging a starter battery.
This model has a second, auxiliary AC output that is only active when grid/shore power is available. This output is intended to power high load items such as water boilers etc. that might discharge the battery quickly, and power to this output will be disconnected if grid/shore power is lost.
The built-in AC transfer switch performs the function of an Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS). In the event of a grid failure, or shore or generator power being disconnected, the inverter is automatically activated and takes over AC supply to the connected loads. This happens in less then 20 milliseconds and ensures that sensitive connected equipment continues to run without disruption.
Please note: Cables are not supplied. For the DC (battery) connection, Victron recommend 2x50mm² cables protected with a 400A mega fuse for run lengths of up to 5m. The 230V output is designed to be hard-wired to sockets or other parts of an AC system. If in doubt with regard to specifying AC cable size and circuit protection, please consult a qualified electrician.
Can be used with an optional remote control panel and configured by a computer with an optional MK3-USB interface.
Suitable for use in caravans, motorhomes, campervans, boats and commercial vehicles.
- Pure sine wave output (inverter)
- High start-up power (inverter)
- Search Mode for reduced 'no-load' power consumption (inverter)
- Transfer Switch UPS function (inverter)
- Adaptive 4-stage charging (charger)
- Storage mode to prolong battery life (charger)
- Twin charger outputs - full current and trickle charge (charger)
- Battery temperature sensor (charger)
- Power Control to limit current draw on grid/shore supply
- Power Assist to supplement grid/shore supply with battery power
- LED fault diagnosis
- Remote On/Off switching
- Programmable alarm/signalling relay
- Programmable analogue/digital input/output port
- Protected against output short circuit
- Protected against battery voltage low/high
- Protected against power overload
- Protected against over-temperature
- Protected against 230V AC detected on inverter output (e.g. from another AC source)
- Protected against input voltage ripple too high
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty