The 24/3000/70 MultiPlus-II from Victron Energy is a multifunctional inverter/charger with all the features of the Multiplus, but it also has an external current sensor option which extends the PowerControl & PowerAssist functions and optimises self-consumption. It is a powerful true sine wave inverter, a sophisticated battery charger that features adaptive charge technology and a high-speed AC transfer switch in a single compact unit. This design not only saves space, but simplifies your installation.
The Multiplus-II is ideal for professional marine, yachting, vehicle and land-based off-grid applications, has a built-in anti-islanding function and a long list of country approvals for use in Energy Storage System (ESS) applications. It can be used in off-grid as well as grid-connected PV and other alternative energy systems, and is compatible with both solar charge controllers and grid-tie inverters.
The built-in AC transfer switch performs the function of an Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) on the main AC output. In the event of a grid failure, or shore or generator power being disconnected, the inverter is automatically activated and takes over AC supply to the connected loads. This happens in less then 20 milliseconds and ensures that sensitive connected equipment continues to run without disruption. This feature can be deactivated if not required. The second/auxiliary output is live only when AC is available on the input of the Multiplus-II and is intended for connection to heavy consumption loads (e.g. water heater) that would quickly discharge the battery if run from the inverter.
You can achieve virtually unlimited power thanks to the Multiplus-II's ability to be parallel connected and setup for 3-phase operation. It can also be remotely monitored and controlled via a multi-functional GX device such as the Cerbo GX. Alternatively, use with a Digital Multi Control Panel for a lower cost remote monitoring solution.
Please note: Cables are not supplied. For the DC (battery) connection, Victron recommend 2 x 50mm² cables protected with a 300A mega fuse for run lengths of up to 5m. The 230V output is designed to be hard-wired to sockets or other parts of an AC system. If in doubt with regard to specifying AC cable size and circuit protection, please consult a qualified electrician.
Can be used with an optional remote control panel
- ESS application approval
- For use with off-grid and grid-connected alternative energy systems
- Pure sine wave output (inverter)
- Two AC outputs
- Transfer Switch UPS function (inverter) on mains AC output
- Adaptive 4-stage charging (charger)
- Trickle charging output to maintain 2nd battery (charger)
- Storage mode to prolong battery life (charger)
- Battery temperature sensor (charger)
- Voltage sensing to compensate for voltage drop (charger)
- Remote On/Off switching
- Programmable alarm/signalling relay
- Parallel and 3-phase configurations possible
- Protected against output short circuit
- Protected against battery voltage low/high
- Protected against power overload
- Protected against over-temperature
- Protected against 230V AC detected on inverter output (e.g. from another AC source)
- Protected against input voltage ripple too high
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty