The BMV-702 is Victron's new high precision multi-function battery monitor with a host of useful features. It essentially acts as a battery 'fuel gauge' for anyone needing to keep a check on the performance of their battery or battery bank and can monitor the voltage of a 2nd battery. The information displayed by the BMV-702 includes voltage, current draw, Ah consumed, % charge level, 'time-to-go' and it features a programmable alarm and in-built relay to trigger external equipment under an alarm condition (note: information displayed for 2nd battery is voltage only).
Installation is easy and all required connection cables are supplied. The shunt is fitted in-line with the leisure/house battery's negative cable, the starter/auxiliary battery's negative cable is connected to the shunt's output and fused +ve supplies are taken from each battery into the shunt's 2 inputs. Once the battery monitor is panel-mounted in a suitable location (with or without the supplied square bezel) it is connected to the shunt's PCB using a single RJ12 data/power cable and programmed using the on-board menu.
As an alternative to monitoring the voltage of a 2nd battery the BMV-702 shunt's 2nd/auxiliary input can be used for the following:
- Temperature monitoring of a single battery/bank using an optional temperature sensor. Battery capacity reduces as temperature increases so the sensor measurement can be fed into the monitor to adjust displayed capacity based on temperature.
- Mid-point voltage monitoring of one bank of batteries connected in series (or banks of series-connected batteries joined in parallel). This allows detection of a bad cell or a bad battery which can potentially destroy the other connected batteries by over-charging. The voltages either side of the mid-point are compared and the deviation displayed in % and V, with a programmable alarm providing a warning that the deviation is too great.
Can be used with the Victron VE.Direct to Bluetooth Smart Dongle
Suitable for use in caravans, motorhomes, campervans, boats, expedition, industrial and commercial vehicles.
- 500A/50mV shunt with on-board PCB
- RJ12 cable - 10m long
- 2x fused power cable - 2m long
- Optional square bezel
- Instruction manual
- Displays: Voltage / Current / Power / Ah Consumed / State of Charge (%) / Time-to-go / Total kWh charged/discharged
- Auto re-calibration each time the battery is fully charged (to ensure accuracy is maintained)
- Auto-detection of nominal system voltage
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay that can be energised/de-energised in an alarm condition
- Can be configured for use with other shunts
- Suitable for 2 batteries or banks of batteries.
- Low current consumption
- Backlight for display
- Quick-install menu and detailed setup menu
- Temperature monitoring option for 1 battery or bank
- Mid-point voltage monitoring option for 1 battery or bank
- V.E Direct communication port for integration with other Victron equipment
- Suitable for use with 12V or 24V systems
- 2 year manufacturer's warranty
- Input voltage: 9.5 - 95 V DC
- Power consumption: 4mA @ 12V (2.9Ah / month) - without relay or backlight
- Operating temperature: -20ºC to +50ºC
- Battery capacity: 20-9999 Ah
- Relay: 60V, 1A NO (can be inverted to NC)
- Shunt terminal size: M10
- Shunt mounting holes: 5.8mm dia. (101.5mm between centres)
- Shunt overall dims: 120 (L) x 40 (W) x 50 (H) mm
- Monitor front dia: 63mm
- Panel hole cut-out dia: 52-53mm
- Body depth: 31mm
- Square bezel dims: 29 x 29 mm