5-Way Superseal 1.5 Series compact, high quality connector designed for automotive, marine and other applications where a water-tight connection is required. Their sealing reliability under harsh conditions is well proven and they are particularly suited for use in engine bay environments.
Suitable for cables from 0.5 - 1.5mm². Male tab and female receptacle terminals are crimped onto the cables and then inserted into the the connector housings. A secondary lock ensures that the terminals are properly located (lock cannot be closed unless terminals are fully seated) and prevents them backing out of the housings.
Note: Male tab terminals fit into the female connector housing and vice-versa.
Sold as a male/female pair complete with all terminals and cable seals (spares available - please see further information).
- No. connections: 5
- Current rating: 14A max. (per way)
- Voltage rating: 24V DC max.
- Ingress Protection (IP) rating: IP67 (dust-tight and resists immersion in 1m depth of water for 30 mins)
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 125°C
- Cable size: 0.5 - 1.5mm2
- Terminal material: Tinned brass (tab) & tinned phosphor bronze (receptacle)
- Connector body material: Glass-filled nylon 6.6
- Cable and housing seal material: silicone rubber
- Cavity plug material (where applicable): silicone rubber
- Chemical resistance: Petrol, diesel, oils, anti-freeze
|Click on the icon opposite to download Superseal assembly instructions || |
Assembly tip: The rubber cable seal should be crimped within the rear part of the terminal to retain it in the housing. Ensure that the terminals are not deformed before inserting into the housings. It is sometimes necessary to use a pair of long nosed pliers to pull the terminals fully forward before closing the red secondary locks.
The following tool should be used for crimping as it prevents the seals splitting and does not deform the terminals:For more information on our 1.5 Series Superseal Connectors check out our YouTube Video