Heavy duty TIR battery isolator/master switch rated at 250A (continuous) and 24V max. with a removable key on a 200mm chain lanyard, ideal for higher current applications on cars, boats, motor homes, horse-boxes, trucks, commercial vehicles etc.
Can be used to isolate the power source in an emergency (kill switch), prevent battery drain if the vehicle is left for long periods and as an anti-theft device.
The switch and key are fitted with individual splash-proof covers so the switch is protected from water ingress when the key is both in place and removed.
Sold individually. Fixings not included.
- Voltage rating: 24V max.
- Max. continuous operating current: 250A
- Max. peak current: 2500A for 5secs
- Ingress Protection (IP) rating: IP43 (solid objects >1mm and spraying water)
- Operating temp: –40°C to +50°C
- Terminal stud material: Copper
- Terminal stud size: M10 x 24mm
- Panel hole dia. for barrel clearance: 22.5mm
- Distance from underside of mounting flange to end of terminals: 77mm
- Fixing hole dia: 6.3mm
- Fixing hole centres: 100mm
- Overall height (inc. key): 145mm
Note: If this switch is used to isolate the vehicle's starter battery it should not be operated when the engine is running (except in an emergency situation) because there is a high risk of damage to the alternator and other parts of the vehicle's electrical system.
- Protect the terminals against accidental shorting with push on PVC terminal covers P00848