This Durite reversing camera kit consists of a 7" mirror monitor and a high quality Sony CCD universal high-level brake light camera. With its wide input voltage range of 11-32V DC, this system is ideal for use in a large number of leisure and commercial applications and enhances safety when reversing by providing a high quality image and wide field of view at the rear of the vehicle.
The compact, high-level brake light camera is fully waterproof and has a built-in microphone that passes audio to the mirror monitor. The camera points down at approximately 45° and has a wide 170° field of view so the rear of the vehicle can be seen as you approach objects whilst reversing. The camera is designed for universal fitment on any suitable flat surface and comes complete with a self-adhesive foam backing and rubber mounting pad to ensure a watertight seal. The power cable for the brake light is terminated with a 2-pin connector for ease of fitting and an extension cable is supplied for picking up power from a suitable point in the vehicle's existing brake light circuit. Connection from the camera to the wiring harness is via a 10m extension cable.
The mirror monitor is designed to be clipped over an existing rear view mirror of approximately 65 - 85mm height and features a high quality TFT LCD screen with LED backlighting. There are built in speakers and it features a 2-channel system that can accept a second camera. The monitor has a series of touch-sensitive buttons next to the screen for accessing the options menu and adjusting settings such as channel input, language, brightness, contrast, colour, zoom, rotate, reversing grid guide lines, volume, sleep timer, picture mode etc. Many of these functions are also conveniently available using the supplied remote control.
The camera is activated via its trigger wire that can be found in the supplied wiring loom. This trigger is a +12V input signal, typically taken from a splice into the reversing light circuit or similar so that it operates as soon as reverse gear is selected. However, this trigger could also be taken from a manual switch or any other +12V signal, depending on how you want the system to operate. For example, you might want to have two parallel-connected trigger inputs so that the camera activates when selecting reverse, or when you operate a switch.
The entire system has a very low power consumption and draws approximately 0.6A @ 12V.
- 7" hi-res LCD TFT, LED backlit mirror monitor (clips onto existing rear-view mirrors)
- Accepts mirror heights from approx. 65 - 85mm
- Built-in speakers
- 2-Channel (can accept a 2nd camera)
- Sony CCD IP68 waterproof brake light camera with microphone
- Infra-red LEDs for low light conditions
- Compatible with 12V or 12V DC vehicle systems
- 11 language options
- 4 image modes for each camera
- Sleep timer and lock functions
- Zoom and reversing grid guide line functions
- Multi-function remote control
- 10m cable from power supply to camera
- 3m cable from power supply to monitor
- Positive and negative power supply cables for camera
- Positive and negative power supply cables for brake light
- +12V trigger cable for each channel
- Reverse polarity protection