Battery isolator / cut-off switch with a removable key for use in cars and other vehicles. Complies with FIA regulations for track day and motorsport events. The hole in the key allows a remote pull cord to be fitted for external activation to isolate the battery in an emergency.
This switch also incorporates the following features:
- Ignition isolation - prevents potentially dangerous engine run-on (connection via 2 x 6.3mm male terminals)
- Surge protection - supplied resistor prevents alternator voltage spikes potentially damaging the alternator diodes and other parts of the electrical system when the switch is operated (connection via 2 x 6.3mm male terminals).
This switch is also useful for preventing battery drain if left for long periods or as an anti-theft device. Fitted with cover to protect the keyhole when the key is removed.
Wiring instructions are included with the switch and can also be downloaded here:
Sold individually. Fixings not included.
- Nominal operating voltage: 12V/24V
- Max. continuous operating current: 150A @ 24V
- Max. peak current: 1200A for 5secs
- 6.3mm terminals current rating: 5A
- Ingress Protection (IP) rating: IP65 (dust tight and protected against water jets)
- Operating temp: –30°C to +60°C
- Terminal contact material: Silver-plated copper
- Terminal stud size: M10 x 14mm
- Fixing hole dia: 6.6mm
- Fixing hole pitch: 38mm
- Overall height (inc. key): 125mm
- Diameter of body: 6.6mm
- Resistor: 3.3Ω, 11W
- Spare key available - P01262
- Use with push on PVC terminal covers P00848