This high quality, portable, waterproof 60W folding solar kit is designed for charging 12V lead-acid batteries in vehicles and boats (e.g. 4x4s, motorhomes, caravans, campervans, narrow boats, yachts etc) or any other application utilising a 12V battery (e.g. wild camping, off-grid etc.). Everything is supplied to allow you to start using the kit immediately, including an integrated 10A 12V solar charge controller, 5m of cable with a power connector, in-line fuse to protect the cable and crocodile clips to connect to the battery. Simply un-fold the panels, adjust the tilt angle and position them to point directly at the sun, then connect to your battery. The high quality German-made monocrystalline solar cells used in this kit mean that the panels perform exceptionally well and will produce a significant amount of power, even in low light conditions where direct sunlight is not available.
The panel frame features a carrying handle and locking latches, making the kit easy to store and transport, and plastic corner protectors reduce the risk of damage to the frame and panels during use. The sturdy storage case included with the kit is semi-rigid and features a layer of foam within the lining to protect the glass and frame from accidental damage during transportation.
The 10A solar charge controller is fuly waterproof to IP67 rating and has in-built protection against over-charging, reverse polarity, short-circuit and reverse-current discharge of your battery (back through the panel at night). The controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance and prolongs the life of your battery.
This kit comes with a 1 year warranty and the solar cells are guaranteed to produce at least 90% of the nominal power after 10 years.
- 30W + 30W high efficiency monocrystalline solar panels
- Premium quality German solar cells
- Fully waterproof (including solar controller to IP67)
- Fully automatic 10A 12V charge controller
- Overcharge, reverse polarity, short-circuit and reverse current protection
- 5m of cable with inline fuse, power connector and croc clips to connect to battery
- Adjustable aluminium stand with variable tilt angle
- Sturdy, foam-lined protective case
- Comprehensive installation manual
- Suits flooded, sealed, gel and AGM battery types
- Peak power: 60W
- Maximum power voltage: 17.5V
- Maximum power current: 3.4A (2 x 1.7A)
- Open circuit voltage: 21.6V
- Short circuit current: 3.6A (2 x 1.8A)
- Power allowance: +/- 3%
- Dimensions: 35 x 65 x 7 cm (folded)
- Weight: 8.4kg