The industry-standard Anderson SB connectors are ideal for quick and easy connection and disconnection of high current cables for applications such as jump starting, battery charging, welding etc. They are genderless meaning that both sides of the connection are identical; simply turn one of the connectors upside down and slide them together. SB50 connectors are suitable for currents up to 120A.
Sold as a single connector complete with 2 terminals for 16mm2 cable.
Spare 16mm2 terminals and terminals to fit 6mm2 and 10mm2 cable for use in this housing are also available here
Various accessories including PVC cable sleeves, handles and connector covers are also available.
- Genderless design
- Low connection force with high terminal contact force
- Connector housings are mechanically keyed by colour to prevent cross-connections
- Sacrificial terminal tip to contain damage caused by arc during 'hot' disconnect
- 'Flat wiping' action self-cleans the terminal contact faces as they mate
- Moulded polarity markings on connector body
- Voltage rating: 600V AC/DC max.
- Current rating: 120A max. UL rating ('hot' connect & dis-connect allowable up to 50A)
- No. poles: 2
- Cable size: 16mm2
- Connector housing material: Polycarbonate
- Connector sprung tab material: Stainless steel
- Terminal material: Silver-plated copper
- Operating temperature: -20ºC to 105ºC
- Overall dims: 48.0 (L) x 35.1 (W) x 15.9 (H) mm
- Overall length of 2 mated connectors: 81.3 mm
Terminal crimping - Terminals should be crimped to the cable conductor using a suitable tool (a hexagon crimper is recommended). Alternatively the terminals can be soldered to the conductor.
Terminal insertion - Observing the polarity markings, insert the terminal into the connector housing so that the step at the end of the terminal slides along the surface of the sprung metal tab within the housing. Continue pushing the terminal into the housing until a sharp click is heard, which indicates that the tab has latched into place behind the step and the terminal is locked in place.
Terminal removal - Press the sprung metal tabs in the connector housing fully flat using a suitable tool (so that they clear the step on the terminal body) and withdraw the terminal.
|For more information on our Anderson SB connectors check out our YouTube Video. |