The industry-leading SB connectors from Anderson Power Products are ideal for rapid and easy connection and disconnection of high current cables in applications such as battery charging, jump starting and welding. The connectors are designed as genderless so both sides of the connection are identical; simply turn one of the connectors upside down and slide them together. SB350 connectors are the largest in the range and are suitable for currents of up to 450A.
Sold as a single red connector complete with 2 terminals for 50mm2 cable.
Spare terminals are available here.
Various accessories including handles, PVC protective sleeves and rubber or plastic connector covers are available.
- Genderless design
- Low connection force with high terminal contact force
- Connector housings are mechanically keyed by colour to prevent cross-connections
- Sacrificial terminal tip to contain damage caused by arc during 'hot' disconnect
- 'Flat wiping' action self-cleans the terminal contact faces as they mate
- Moulded polarity markings on connector body
- Voltage rating: 600V AC/DC max.
- Current rating: 450A max. UL rating ('hot' connect & dis-connect allowable up to 100A)
- No. poles: 2
- Cable size: 50mm2
- Connector housing material: Polycarbonate
- Connector sprung tab material: Stainless steel
- Terminal material: Silver-plated copper
- Operating temperature: -20ºC to 105ºC
- Overall dims: 107.9 (L) x 69.9 (W) x 33.3 (H) mm
- Overall length of 2 mated connectors: 182.6mm
Terminal crimping - Terminals should be crimped to the cable conductor using a suitable tool (a hexagon crimper is recommended). Alternatively the terminals can be soldered to the conductor.
Terminal insertion - Observing the polarity markings, insert the terminal into the connector housing so that the step at the end of the terminal slides along the surface of the sprung metal tab within the housing. Continue pushing the terminal into the housing until a sharp click is heard, which indicates that the tab has latched into place behind the step and the terminal is locked in place.
Terminal removal - Press the sprung metal tabs in the connector housing fully flat using a suitable tool (so that they clear the step on the terminal body) and withdraw the terminal.
|For more information on our Anderson SB connectors check out our YouTube Video. |